The calendar 2022 is ready
For Catas Academy, 2021 has been an intense year in terms of training: the pandemic has in fact consolidated methods and tools that have been a further stimulus to share expertise and knowledge both in Italy and abroad. Last year, more than 30 training events took place, 28 of these have been held online: dozens of opportunities for deepening and information that were added to the more traditional Catas initiatives in companies, organizations and institutes.
An activity that will continue in 2022 with a calendar that has been defined in these days and lists the appointments that we could define “institutional”, to which has been added – as already mentioned – “ad hoc” events also linked with the territorial areas in which Catas today operates with greater impact: Triveneto and Brianza, where the two sites of the institute are located and Emilia Romagna/Marche, where in 2021 the first Catas Point was launched.
A calendar that highlights the collaboration with institutions such as Federchimica and Acimall, the industrial associations that represent companies operating in the chemical and in the woodworking machinery production sectors. The appointments scheduled for 2022 will also be made available on the Catas “Youtube” channel for anyone interested in (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNsYMkkXcAZn-RhM5XJIUzA), while the CATAS Members will be able to access them directly from the “myCatas” web area dedicated to them (https://my.catas.com/login ).
The 2022 Catas webinars will examine in depth some highly topical technical issues, as well as inform on the latest standards news: “Being able to continue online the intense training activities of Catas Academy allows us to overcome the limits imposed by the health emergency situation,” commented Franco Bulian, Managing Director of Catas. “Although our hope is to be able to meet each other in person soon, we must recognize the great potential of these tools that allow us to keep alive the relationship and the debate on the many current and future issues related to the world of wood and furniture is being played out.”
Below is the calendar of webinars that will be held in Italian as examples of the topics that Catas will cover during the current year:
· February 1st, 2:00 p.m.: “Storage units for domestic use: a question of safety and stability. The revision of the EN 14749 standard”
· February 22nd, 2:00 p.m.: “The measure of environmental impact dedicated to furniture: focus on the machanical processes” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· March 10th, 2:00 p.m.: “Wooden floors and parquet: standards update and product certification”
· March 24th, 2:00 p.m.: “Made in Italy furniture: from sampling to product certification by Catas”
· April 21st, 2:00 p.m.: “Beds and mattresses: specifications, performances and durability”
· April 28th, 2:00 p.m.: “The chair: which evolutions in the productive processes?” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· May 12th, 2:00 p.m.: “Adhesives for exterior applications: classification, evaluations and standards update” In collaboration with Federchimica – Avisa
· May 31st, 2:00 p.m.: “Board and profile covering process” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· June 9th, 2:00 pm: “Fire reaction of upholstered furniture: focus on Great Britain and the United States markets”
· June 28th, 2:00 pm: “The coatings drying process: the eternal challenge!” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· September 08th, 2:00 p.m.: “Formaldehyde in the US and Canada: ready for 2023?”
· September 27th, 2:00 p.m.: “Wooden windows: this is how they are made!” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· October 06th, 2:00 p.m.: “VOC emissions from furniture: the new UNI standard and the CQA certification ‘VOC Low Emission’”
· October 25th, 2:00 p.m.: “Excimer coatings: technologies and coating products” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
· November 10th, 2:00 p.m.: “Surfaces for furniture: standard evolution and product certification”
· November 22nd, 2:00 p.m.: “Edging: air, laser, infrared. Comparing technologies” In collaboration with Acimall (Italian Association of Woodworking Machinery Manufacturers)
The schedule of the meetings will be presented, as tradition, in the pages of the Catas website (www.catas.com ) and through the laboratory newsletter service. Catas provides also complete and customized training programmes, in English too. For more info you can visit: https://catas.com/en-GB/page/training or contact: email@example.com +39 0432 747260.